Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Climbing Rose

photo: jbEbert

Tumbled garnets the color of American Beauty roses are set on pins and hand-linked into a bracelet chain sectioned like parterre between walls of mystic pink quartz on which vermeil roses bloom. The vermeil hook clasp is set with two 19th century enameled blouse buttons that set the theme. Available now in my Etsy shop.




The inspiration for this bracelet was all romance:

“The rose is a flower of love. The world has acclaimed it for centuries. Pink roses are for love hopeful and expectant. White roses are for love dead or forsaken, but the red roses, ah the red roses are for love triumphant.” – anonymous

photo: smilla4



_____________________________________________________________________

As I was searching for the romantic quote I had remembered I ran across two not-so-romantic quotes that made me laugh, and I just have to share:

“I once had a rose named after me and I was very flattered. But I was not pleased to read the description in the catalogue: no good in a bed, but fine up against a wall. – Eleanor Roosevelt

“Why is it no one ever sent me yet one perfect limousine, do you suppose? Ah no, it's always just my luck to get one perfect rose.” – Dorothy Parker


Ha ha!!

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely quote to go with your beautiful rose themed bracelet! Thanks for sharing the two not-so-romantic quotes! lol Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete